Before I read the “Churchill Biography”, I supposed Winston Churchill as a fat man who prefers smoking a cigar and smiling. The keywords about him that I only know were the former British prime minister, British Air Combat, "Iron Curtain" speech and so on. But now I suddenly have a particularly clear feelings about Churchill that he should be a legend.
British Prime Minister Winston Churchill was the national hero who led the British people to achieve great success in the anti-fascist war during the Second World War. He was not only a famous prime minister, but also a magnificent writer. He had left us many wonderful works and speeches, and ultimately, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. Such achievement was unique among the politicians in the twentieth century.
The book " Churchill Biography " truly describes the famous British prime minister Winston Churchill's life. Winston Churchill was born in prominent noble family. His ancestor Marr Barlow Duke was the famous military commander in history. And his father Randolph Lord was the British outstanding statesman in end of the 19th century. There are no doubt that Ancestors’ great achievements, elders’ political achievements and the glory of the family had a great influence on Churchill's life.
No one would have thought that such a great British prime minister should have a stuttering in childhood. When he was three years old, he had difficulty in saying "mom" and "dad". With the nurse's help, the little boy overcame the difficulty of stuttering which established the basis for his political road. Churchill wasn’t knocked down by the troubles, instead, he became a great orator.
As a politician and anti- fascist warrior, Churchill’s perseverance and indomitable will be deeply engraved on the memory of people. He experienced so many up and downs between the Free Party and
Conservative Party, but every time he could manage to achieve his goals. And finally he successfully became a prime minister. In the serious moment of British history, faced with fascist, he had vowed to fight to the end, and eventually he led the British people to win.
Churchill's life is full of valuable assets that deserve our learning. On the one hand, he adheres to learning, writing, and summarizing regularly. In the case of low qualification, he paid much attention to study. When he was a politician, he travelled all around and wrote much works during his leisure time. From some classics, he absorbed rich thinking nutrition, which made him gradually form a faith in life.
On the other hand, he has a strong will, and magnanimous mind. Prime Minister Winston Churchill failed in campaigning several times, but he still fought like "a lion" instead of giving up, and finally he succeeded. He said: "Whatever I want to do, I always succeed" He was not only strong-willed, but also kindly and he could understand others’ fault, including those who vehemently against him.
What’s more ,cheerfulness, optimism, and witty humor are his typical characters. Winston Churchill was called "happy prime minister" by the British. No matter he was in public or he stayed with his family and friends, his talk was always filled with a sense of humor. Even in the dying moments, he also did not forget humor.
Reviewing the British Prime Minister Winston Churchill's life, although there were difficulties everywhere, he could deal with them in an orderly way. After reading this book, one famous word occurs to me," Storm lets trees root deeper rather than puts them down." And Winston Churchill is such a tree..
Winston Churchill (30 November 1874 –24 January 1965) was aBritish politician knowchiefly for his leadership of the United Kingdom during WorldWar II. He served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. A noted statesman and orator, Churchill was also an officer in the British Army, historian, writer, and artist. He is the only British PrimeMinister who has ever received the Nobel Prize for Literature. Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill, 1874 Nian 11 Yue 30 Ri -1965 1 24), statesman, painter,orator, writer and journalist, 1953 Nobel Literature Prize winner, was during the period 1940-1945 two-year and1951-1955 was British Prime Minister, is considered the 20th century, one of the most importantpolitical leaders to lead the Great Britain of World War II victory. Reportedly in history to master English vocabulary words, one of the largest (over 50,000).By the U.S. magazine "show" as the last century the world'smost persuasive orator, one of the eight. In 2002, BBC held a "100 Greatest Britons" poll result, Churchill was elected as the greatest Briton everNovember 1874 – 24 January 1965) was a British politicianknown chiefly for his leadership of the United Kingdom during World War II. He served as Prime Minister from
1940 to1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. A noted statesman and orator, Churchill was also an officer in the British Army, historian, writer, and artist. He was the only British Prime Minister to have received the Nobel Prize in Literature andthe first person to be recognised as an Honorary Citizen of the United States。During his armycareer, Churchill saw military action in India, in the Sudan and the Second Boer War. He gained fame andnotoriety as a war correspondent and through contemporary books he wrote describing thecampaigns. He also served briefly in the British Army on the Western Front in World War I,commanding the 6thBattalion of the Royal Scots Fusiliers.At the forefront of the political scene for almost fifty years, he held many political and cabinet positions. Before the First World War, he served as President of the Boardof Trade, Home Secretary and First Lord of the Admiralty as part of the Asquith Liberal government. During the war he continued as First Lord of the Admiralty until the disastrous Gallipoli Campaign caused his departurefrom government. He returned as Minister of Munitions, Secretary of State for War and Secretary of State for Air. In the interwar years, he served as Chancellor of the Exchequer in the Conservative government.
After the outbreak of the Second World War, Churchill was again appointed First Lord of the Admiralty. Following theresignation of Neville Chamberlain on 10 May 1940, he became Prime Minister of theUnited Kingdom and led Britain to victory against the Axispowers. Churchill was always noted for his speeches, which became a great inspiration to the British people and embattled Allied forces.After losing the 1945 election, he became Leader of the Opposition. In 1951, he again became Prime Minister before finally retiring in 1955. Upon his death, the Queen granted him the honour of a statefuneral, which saw one of the largest assemblies statesmen
I am a slow walker,but I never walk backwards.
Wealth is the test of a man's character.
It is no use doing what you like; you have got to like what you do.一一Winston Churchill
Genius only means hard-working all one's life .( Mendeleyer,Russian Chemist)
天才只意味着终身不懈的努力。 (俄国化学家 门捷列夫)
The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.
I feel strongly that I can make it.
Living without an aim is like sailing without a compass.
There is but one secret to sucess---never give up!
Failure is the mother of success.
Living without an aim is like sailing without a compass。以下是小编为大家精心推荐的霸气英文座右铭 励志50句英语句子大全，希望能够对您有所帮助。
1. Genius only means hard-working all one's life. (Mendeleyev Russian chemist)天才只意味着终身不懈地努力。(俄国化学家 门捷列耶夫)
2. The man who has made up his mind to win will never say "impossible ". (Bonaparte Napoleon ,French emperor )凡是决心取得胜利的人是从来不说"不可能的"。( 法国皇帝 拿破仑. B.)
3. There is no such thing as a great talent without great will - power. (Balzac)没有伟大的意志力，便没有雄才大略。(巴尔扎克)
4. Cease to struggle and you cease to live.(Thomas Carlyle)生命不止，奋斗不息。(卡莱尔)
5. A strong man will struggle with the storms of fate.(Thomas Addison)强者能同命运的风暴抗争。(爱迪生)
6. Living without an aim is like sailing without a compass.(John Ruskin)生活没有目标，犹如航海没有罗盘。(罗斯金)
7. Live a noble and honest life. Reviving past times in your old age will help you to enjoy your life again.过一种高尚而诚实的生活。当你年老时回想起过去，你就能再一次享受人生。
8. Accept what was and what is, and you’ll have more positive energy to pursue what will be.接受过去和现在的模样，才会有能量去追寻自己的未来。
9. Behind every successful man there's a lot u unsuccessful years. (Bob Brown)每个成功者的后面都有很多不成功的岁月。(鲍博·布朗)
10. Enrich your life today,. yesterday is history.tomorrow is mystery.充实今朝，昨日已成过去，明天充满神奇。
11. The secret of success is constancy to purpose.成功的秘密在于始终如一地忠于目标。
12. Between two stools one falls to the ground.脚踏两头要落空。
13. You have to believe in yourself. That's the secret of success. (Charles Chaplin)人必须有自信，这是成功的秘密。(卓别林)
14. Success grows out of struggles to overcome difficulties.成功来自于克服困难的斗争。
15. The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.只有在字典中，成功才会出现在工作之前。
16. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.到任何值得去的地方都没有捷径。
17. You're uinique, nothing can replace you.你举世无双，无人可以替代。
18. Great works are performed not by strengh, but by perseverance.(Samuel Johnson, British writer and critic)完成伟大的事业不在于体力，而在于坚韧不拔的毅力。(英国作家和评论家 约翰逊. S.)
19. Until you make peace with who you are, you’ll never be content with what you have.除非你能和真实的自己和平相处，否则你永远不会对已拥有的东西感到满足。
20. If you would go up high , then use your own legs ! Do not let yourselves carried aloft; do not seat yourselves on other people's backs and heads .(F.W .Nietzsche , German Philosopher)如果你想走到高处，就要使用自己的两条腿!不要让别人把你抬到高处;不要坐在别人的背上和头上。(德国哲学家 尼采. F. W.)
21. Keep trying no matter how hard it seems. it will get easier.坚持不懈，难也变易。
22. True mastery of any skill takes a lifetime.对任何技能的掌握都需要一生的刻苦操练。
23. The first wealth is health .(Ralph Waldo Emerson , American thinker)健康是人生第一财富。(美国思想家 爱默生. R. W.)
24. Where there is life, there is hope.有生命必有希望。
25. What makes life dreary is the want of motive.(George Eliot)没有了目的，生活便郁闷无光。(乔治·埃略特)
26. At twenty years of age , the will reigns; at thirty , the wit ; and at forty , the judgment .(Benjamin Franklin ,American president)二十岁时起支配作用的是意志,三十岁时是机智,四十岁时是判断。(美国总统 富兰克林 . B.)
27. Shallow men believe in luck.Self-trust is the first secret of success.肤浅的人相信运气，而成功的第一秘诀是自信。
28. I have no secret of success but hard work.除辛勤工作之外，我别无成功的秘诀。
29. If you fail, don't forget to learn your lesson.如果你失败了，千万别忘了汲取教训。
30. I have nothing to offer but blood, boil, tears and sweat. (Winston Churchill, British politician)我能奉献的没有其它，只有热血、辛劳、眼泪与汗水。(英国游戏娱乐平台注册就送25家 丘吉尔.W.)
31. Sweat is the lubricant of success.汗水是成功的润滑剂。
32. A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world.知足是人生在世最大的幸事。
33. That man is the richest whose pleasure are the cheapest.能处处寻求快乐的人才是最富有的人。
34. You make the failure complete when you stop trying.当你停止尝试的时候，你就完全失败了。
35. If winter comes , can spring be far behind ?( P. B. Shelley , British poet )冬天来了，春天还会远吗?( 英国诗人, 雪莱. P. B.)
36. Will, work and wait are the pyramidal cornerstones for success.意志、工作和等待是成功的金字塔的基石。
37. Success often depends upon knowing how long it will take to succeed.成功常常取决于知道需要多久才能成功。
38. Think great thoughts and you will be great!心怀伟大的理想，你将会变得伟大。
39. Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly ever acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.只有有耐心圆满完成简单工作的人，才能够轻而易举的完成困难的事。
40. Gods determine what you're going to be.(Julius Erving)人生的奋斗目标决定你将成为怎样的人。(欧文)
41. A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm.无论何事，只要对它有无限的热情你就能取得成功。
42. If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it. Every arrow that flies feels the attraction of earth. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.要想射中靶，必须瞄准比靶略为高些，因为脱弦之箭都受到地心引力的影响。
43. The man who has made up his mind to win will never say “impossible”.凡是决心取得胜利的人是从来不说“不可能的”。
44. If you have great talents, industry will improve them;if you have but moderate abilities, industry will supply their deficiency.如果你很有天赋，勤勉会使其更加完善;如果你能力一般，勤勉会补足其缺陷。
45. The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.实现明天理想的唯一障碍是今天的疑虑。
46. Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.如果你想要成功，不要去追求成功;尽管做你自己热爱的事情并且相信它，成功自然到来。
47. One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.一次痛苦的经验抵得上千百次的告诫。
48. It never will rain roses.When we want to have more roses we must plant trees.天上不会掉下玫瑰来，如果想要更多的玫瑰，必须自己种植。
49. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.没有人值得你流泪，值得让你这么做的人不会让你哭泣。
50. Each man is the architect of his own fate.每个人都是自己命运的建筑师。
Whether you’re in the business world, military, sports, or even government, you’ve read, heard, seen, etc. many opinions on the importance of attitude in performance. While a few authors may downplay attitude as a primary driver of performance, many more believe it is the key ingredient in high production. There are reasons for this strong belief.
World famous statesman Winston Churchill put this issue in wonderful and simple perspective when he said, “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”
Understand that attitude will always make a big difference – for better or worse. A poor attitude will make the same level of difference as a good attitude. However, your customers, your company, and you will not be pleased with the effect. Your attitude will affect your performance, whether you want it to or not.
Even the simplest, most neutral statements you make will create judgments – conscious or subconscious – by listeners. A speaker’s attitude will affect the listener, positively or negatively, just as strongly as the spoken words. In a customer service environment, even delivering bad news can generate a positive customer response if you have a great attitude, displaying empathy, concern, and interest in the customer’s feelings.
If you’re convinced that attitude rules, you might become a “positive attitude guru” if you use some of the following tips and practice your delivery until it becomes automatic. Here are some suggestions that you can use starting tomorrow.
There is a well-known proverb，“Every horse thinks its own pack heaviest,” which means whether people feel optimistic or not lies in what attitudes they adopt. It is universally acknowledged that life is by no means perfect and a positive attitude makes life brighter. As the case stands, it is our attitude rather than the situation itself that determines how we feel.
On the one hand, a positive mind brings about an active life, because to be in a good mood or a bad mood is at one’ s own choice. On the other hand, looking at the bright side of the situation and remaining cheerful work out quite well when one is confronted with adversity.
In such a rat-race society, everyone is bound to encounter difficulties. In my opinion, we should keep an optimistic attitude to pull through any hardship, as we can say “attitude is everything” .
You practiced over and over again; you wanted it more than anyone; you studied the hardest, but in the end, you still didn't succeed. Each time you ask yourself, what happened and why. What I might suggest is that did you have a wrong attitude?
Positive attitude helps us cope with the daily affairs of life more easily. It brings optimism into our life, and makes it easier to avoid worry and negative thinking. If we adopt it as a way of life, it will bring constructive changes into our life, and makes us happier, brighter and more successful. With a positive attitude we will see the bright side of life, become optimistic and expect the best to happen. It is certainly a state of mind that is well worth developing and strengthening.
So next time, you will practice just as much, still want it just as much, will study just as hard. What will be different is that you will also put on a smile. A positive attitude might just be the one thing that you need to succeed!
Genius only means hard-working all one's life。以下是小编为大家精心推荐的成功人士的名言中英文名言，欢迎阅读收藏，希望对您有所帮助。
1. Success is never a destination, it is a journey.—— Statenig St. Marie
2. Success is goals, and all else is commentary.——Brian Tracy
3. Success is following the pattern of life one enjoys most.——Al Capp
4. Success is 99 percent failure.——Soichiro Honda
5. Success is on the far side of failure.——Tom J. Watson
6. Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.——Winston Churchill
7. Success does not consist in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.——H. Wheeler
8. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.——George S. Patton
9. Success is focusing the full power of all you are on what you have a burning desire to achieve. ——Wilfred A. Peterson
10. Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.——Earl Nightingale
11. Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.——Reggie Leach
1. Every man is the master of his own fortune.----Richard Steele
2. All that you do,do with your might;things done by halves are never done right.----R.H.Stoddard,American poet
3. As selfishness and complaint cloud the mind,so love with its joy clears and sharpens the vision. ----Helen Keller
4. Few things are impossible in themselves; and it is often for want of will, rather than of means, that man fails to ucceed.----La Rocheforcauld, French writech writer
5. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.----Jake London
6. It is easier to fight for principles than to live up to them.----Adlai Stevenson, British writer
7. I find life is an exciting business and most exciting when it is lived for others.----Helen Keller, American writer
8. You have to believe in yourself. That's the secret of success.----Charles Chaplin
9.I wept when I was born, and every day shows why.----Jack London, American novelist
10. As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.----Johann Wolfgang vo Gogthe
11. When peace has been broken anywhere, the peace of all countries everywhere is in danger.----Franklin Roosevelt .American President.winston,churchill读后感。
12.Almost any situation---good or bad---is affected by the attitude we bring to.----Lucius Annaus Seneca, Ancient Roman philosopher
13. Our destiny offers not only the cup of despair , but the chalice of opportunity.(Richard Nixon, American
命运给予我们的不是失望之酒，而是机会之杯。(美国总统 尼克松 . R.)
14. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. (Jean Jacques Rousseau , French thinker)
忍耐是痛苦的，但它的果实是甜蜜的。 (法国思想家 卢梭. J. J.)winston,churchill读后感。
15. There is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of gaining its numinous summits. (Karl Marx, German revolutionary )
在科学上没有平坦的大道，只有不畏劳苦沿着其崎岖之路攀登的人，才有希望达到它光辉的顶点。( 德国革命家 马克思. K .)
16. The man who has made up his mind to win will never say " impossible". (Bonaparte Napoleon ,French emperor ) 凡是决心取得胜利的人是从来不说“不可能的”。( 法国皇帝 拿破仑. B.)
17. To do whatever needs to be done to preserve this last and greatest bastion of freedom. (Ronald Reagan , American President )
为了保住这最后的、最伟大的自由堡垒，我们必须尽我们所能。(美国总统 里根. R.)
18. Where there is a will , there is a way .( Thomas Edison , American inventor )
有志者，事竟成。 (美国发明家 爱迪生. T.)
19. Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.----Hellen Keller, American writer
10. Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the freedom to choose his attitude in any given set of cir cumstances.----Leonhard Frand, German novelist
21. Genius only means hard-working all one's life.(Mendeleyer , Russian Chemist)
天才只意味着终身不懈的努力。 (俄国化学家 门捷列耶夫)
22. I have nothing to offer but blood, toil tears and sweat. (Winston Churchill, British Politician)
我所能奉献的没有其它，只有热血、辛劳、眼泪与汗水。(英国游戏娱乐平台注册就送25家 丘吉尔 . W.)
Hi, welcome to our latest i ssue at Faith Radio Online-Simply to Relax, I’m Faith. I thank you fordropping by today, and I hope that you're able to find something here that's interesting, useful,and informative! Today, I would like to share with you the motto for a positive outlook. Takegood care, and enjoy this i ssue!
Refuse to be unhappy, be cheerful instead. Refuse to let your troubles multiply, just takethem one by one. Organize your time, keep your life simple and exactly the way you want it.
Refuse to complain about things, learn to improve your surroundings and create your worldthe way you believe it should be.
Refuse to dwell on the mistakes or disappointments that are sometimes a part of life, insteadlearn how you can make things better.
Be optimistic. Be energetic and positive about the things you do, and always hope for thebest.
You’re listening to Faith Radio Online-Simply to Relax, I’m Faith. Believe in yourself at all timesand in all aspects of your life. Before you know it, those wonderful dreams you have believed inall your life will come true, and your life will be the happy and successful life that it was meantto be.
To Be an Optimistic Person
Do you see the glass as half-full rather than all empty? The two different answers to this question represent two different attitudes towards life -- optimistic attitude and pessimistic attitude.
Optimism always leads to happiness, health and success while pessimism, by contrast, results in hopelessness, sickness and failure. That's because optimists and pessimists deal with the same challenges and disappointments in very different ways. When things go wrong,the pessimist tends to blame himself, while the optimist looks for loop holes. The optimist feels in control of his overall life. If things are going badly, he acts quickly, looking for solutions, forming a new plan of action, and seeking for advice. On the contrary, the pessimist yields to the arrangement of fate and moves slowly. He doesn't seek advice, since he assumes nothing can be done.
Most people are a mix of optimism and pessimism. Optimism is important in all aspects of our lives. If you can change your mind from pessimism to optimism, you can change your life.
Honourable judges, ladies and gentlemen：
Good afternoon! Today I would like to talk about the importance of keeping optimistic. When we encounter difficulties in life, we notice that some of us choose to bury their heads in the sand. Unfortunately, however, this attitude will do you no good, because if you will have no courage even to face them, how can you conquer them? Thus, be optimistic, ladies and gentlemen, as it can give you confidence and help you see yourself through the hard times, just as Winston Churchill once said, “An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.”
Ladies and Gentlemen, keeping optimistic, you will be able to realize, in spite of some hardship, there’s always hope waiting for you, which will lead you to the ultimate success. Historically as well as currently, there are too many optimists of this kind to enumerate. You see, Thomas Edison is optimistic; if not, the light of hope in his heart could not illuminate the whole world. Alfred Nobel is optimistic; if not, the explosives and the prestigious Nobel Prize would not have come into being. And Lance Armstrong is also optimistic; if not, the devil of cancer would have devoured his life and the world would not see a 5-time winner of the Tour De France.
A rose may be beautiful, or maybe not; that depends on your attitude only, and so does success, so does life. Hindrances and difficulties do exist, but if you are optimistic, then they are only episodes on your long way to the throne of success; they are more bridges than obstacles! Now I prefer to end my speech with the great British poet Shelley’s lines: “If winter comes, can spring be far behind?” Thank you!